3 February 2013, by gj
As a gardener it’s not surprising we no longer purchase many fruits and vegetables at the grocery store.
There are a number of other things we consume, but now make ourselves.
2. Jams & jellies
3. Bar soaps
4. Some juices
5. Dry beans and baked beans
6. Laundry soap
7. Pizza (we do buy the cheese)
8. Pickles and relishes
12. Most sauces, inc. applesauce, marinara, salsa and hot sauce
13. Dishwasher detergent
14. Pancake mix
16. ‘Instant’ or “just add” anything
17. Window and multi-surface cleaner
Of course we buy the ingredients we can’t grow.
Still, ten gallons of laundry soap made at home costs less than one in the stores.
A homemade bar of plain soap costs 60 cents and lasts longer.
What do they run in the stores these days?
Find many of the recipes for the food items on our recipe page above, and for the cleansers on pinterest here.